Tuesday, August 11

I've Got a New Recipe for Peach Pie Muffins

I couldn't decide if I felt like having peach pie or peach muffins. So I created peach pie muffins. You should too.

peach pie muffin

Each pecan crumb-topped muffin gives way to a moist, cakey inside that is studded with bits of fresh, juicy, sweet peaches. Oh, and did I mention there's no crust to roll out? Yeah, baby.

Peach Pie Muffins
Makes 12 regular size muffins.
Print recipe only here.

Pecan Crumb Topping:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4 tablespoons butter, melted

Muffins:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup light brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh diced peaches with skins

1. Place rack in center of oven, and preheat to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12 mold regular size muffin pan with cooking spray.

2. To make the crumb topping, in a small bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and pecans, and toss until well combined. Pour melted butter evenly over mixture, and using your fingers, quickly toss and pinch the mixture until little pebbly pieces form. Refrigerate while making the muffins.

3. Combine flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl, and stir well.

4. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, honey, sugar, butter, eggs, ginger, and vanilla, and whisk well. Add to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in peaches.

5. Spoon the batter evenly into the into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle pecan crumb topping evenly over the muffin tops. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing each muffin and placing on a wire rack to cool.

Here are more sweet summer baked goods you might like:


My Mom's Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins





Peach and Blueberry Galette





Fresh Cherry and Peach Upside-Down Cake

32 comments:

Maria said...

Great creation. I love summer peaches. Can't wait to try these muffins!

Janelle said...

Okay, here's my problem. The last time I tried to make something that called for fresh peaches, I only ended up getting about half as much flesh off the fruit as I needed because It was too stuck to the seed in the center, and the juice just completely ran down to my elbows.

How do you get good amounts of flesh out of the fresh fruit?

Aparna said...

That muffin looks gorgeous, Susan. I love the crunch of crumb or streusel topping.
Wish that wasn't just a picture but the real thing. Would have made my day! :)

Danielle said...

delish! so can I make extra topping to eat while I'm waiting for the muffins to be done?

Anh said...

The name and the photos really tell how delicious these babies are. Just perfect!

MeetaK said...

peach pie muffins - that brought me here quickly LOL! absolutely grand. looks like the perfect treats for soeren's birthday coming soon!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those muffins look terrific! An irrestistible combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Lauren said...

pie + muffins? yummy!!!

Cathy said...

What a great idea for a muffin. Peach pie is one of my favorite desserts. Can't wait to try this one.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Hope you come back again soon.

codfish said...

Oh, thank you for reminding me that I need to do something with all the peaches in my fridge. Love that I don't have to peel them here. :D

ali @ gimmesomeoven said...

LOVE this idea! The pecan crumble on top looks fantastic - WAY better than rolling out a crust!!

Lynda said...

I've been wanting a peach muffin recipe...looks like the perfect one , so off to the farmers market I go!

The Food Hunter said...

What an awesome muffin recipe. I've been looking for something to make with peaches. This is the one.

lisaiscooking said...

This is a really lovely muffin! I love that you left the skins on the peaches too. (I never peel peaches or tomatoes.) Sounds delicious.

Lori Jablons said...

These look yummy. Can't wait to try them.

:)
Lori

sliceofsueshe said...

Oh yeah! Sounds awesome.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

maria-I adore them too!

janelle-Perhaps it was too ripe? When cutting it, try slicing a square around the stone, so that the fruit comes off in four wedges. Then you don't have to deal with the stone at all.

aparna-I wish you could come over and have one with me. :)

danielle-Now, why didn't I think of that?

anh-Thank you!

meeta-Already another b-day! My, how time flies!

rosa-Thanks so much!

lauren-Your comment= :)

cathy-Sure thing!

lynda-Have a great time!

codfish-Me too. Plus I think it lends a little extra flavor.

ali-I couldn't agree with you more!

foodhunter-I hope you like it as much as I do!

lisa-They're so hard to peel, unless you parboil them first, which is such a pain.

lori-Thank you, kindly!

sliceofsueshe-Taste pretty awesome too, if I must say so. :)

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

What a great idea! I just came home from picking peaches and blueberries at a friend's house, and I think I have everything else in the pantry for these awesome muffins.

Pam said...

I am loving these muffins - pecans are my favorite nut right now. Can't wait to make these for my kids.

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I've been seriously considering going "crustless" for some time. Great idea!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Peach pie in a muffin? That's brilliant!

Jeanne said...

You're a genius and we love you. Now please will yuo send me a batch? :)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

lydia-That must have been so fun!

pam-Peaches and pecans marry beautifully.

tw-Now you can! :)

lynn-Aw, gee, thanks. :)

jeanne-Put on the tea first!

nora@ffr said...

never tried peach pie muffins. thse look pretty and delish.. i shud give a try sun

Anonymous said...

Hey, Food Blogga! I had peach muffins in a cute bake shop in Florida once. I loved them so much, but never knew how to make them. Now I can make them myself! Thanks so much!!

Matt & Heidi said...

awesome! I just posted this on my blog - tastysensations.blogspot.com

I LOVE this recipe! Thanks!

Rose&Thorn said...

Yes please. I'll have a batch of those!

Manggy said...

Ahahaha! I'm just starting to enjoy rolling out crust, but how can I say no to cake/muffins? LOVE peaches! :)

Anali said...

What a perfect idea!! I have some peaches that are past their prime and I've been wondering what to do with them. This recipe just may do the trick. Thanks! ; )

Cara said...

I'm drooling over, send one over please!

nora@ffr said...

hmm i shud giv a try!! ye peach pie muffin looking goood!! yummm!!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

nora-You should!

anonymous-So glad I can help!

matt-Thanks so much! I really appreciate that.

rose-Coming right up!

mark-Stick with the pie today, then make the muffins next week. ;)

anali-Yay! Just in time.

cara-Will do. :)

nora-Yum!

There was an error in this gadget