I couldn't decide if I felt like having peach pie or peach muffins. So I created peach pie muffins. You should too.
Each pecan crumb-topped muffin gives way to a moist, cakey inside that is studded with bits of fresh, juicy, sweet peaches. Oh, and did I mention there's no crust to roll out? Yeah, baby.
Peach Pie Muffins
Makes 12 regular size muffins.
Print recipe only here.
Pecan Crumb Topping:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup light brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh diced peaches with skins
1. Place rack in center of oven, and preheat to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12 mold regular size muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. To make the crumb topping, in a small bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and pecans, and toss until well combined. Pour melted butter evenly over mixture, and using your fingers, quickly toss and pinch the mixture until little pebbly pieces form. Refrigerate while making the muffins.
3. Combine flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl, and stir well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, honey, sugar, butter, eggs, ginger, and vanilla, and whisk well. Add to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in peaches.
5. Spoon the batter evenly into the into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle pecan crumb topping evenly over the muffin tops. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing each muffin and placing on a wire rack to cool.
Here are more sweet summer baked goods you might like:
My Mom's Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins
Peach and Blueberry Galette
Fresh Cherry and Peach Upside-Down Cake