Thursday, August 19
TGIF Drinks: Sparkling Rosemary-Ginger Lemonade
It's the end of August, which likely means you're sunburned, overtired, and ready for your kids to go back to school. I'm here to help. Are you ready for some relaxation? Here's what you need to do this weekend:
1. Make a batch of this Sparkling Rosemary-Ginger Lemonade and refrigerate it. Chill a tall glass in the freezer, and fill it with the ginger lemonade.
2. Find a comfy hammock or chaise lounge, preferably in a shady spot. Recline on it while sipping your ginger lemonade.
3. Tell your significant other, your kids, the dog to leave you alone. OK, maybe not the dog.
4. Listen to the hum of bees. Smell the sharp scent of freshly cut grass. Watch the clouds float by. It's a lazy summer day. Make the most of it.
5. If you're still not relaxed, pour yourself a second glass of ginger lemonade and add a shot of vodka or gin. Repeat steps 2-4.
Sparkling Rosemary-Ginger Lemonade
Makes 4 cups
Print recipe only here.
With fresh rosemary, ginger, and a little sugar, this refreshing lemonade is both savory and sweet. The flavors in this lemonade intensify with time, so if you're not serving it right away, you might want to add more sparkling water when you do serve it.
4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
2 whole lemons, chopped with rinds, seeds removed
1 tablespoon sugar
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 cup water
3 cups lemon flavored sparkling water
1. Combine ginger, lemons, sugar, rosemary, and water in a blender. Puree until well blended and no clumps remains. Pour through a sieve into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to squeeze the lemon mixture and extract all the juice. Pour into a pitcher with 3 cups sparkling water and lots of ice. Garnish servings with a lemon slice and a sprig of rosemary. Serve immediately. If you're not serving it immediately, then omit the ice and chill in the refrigerator.
You might also like these refreshing summer time drinks:
Creamsicle Power Smoothie recipe from Food Blogga
Watermelon Aguas Frescas recipe from Elana's Pantry
Tropical Papaya and Kiwi Smoothie recipe from Food Blogga
Creamy Brazilian Limeade recipe from From Our Home to Yours
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade recipe from Willow Bird Baking
|This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.|