Monday, October 25

Check Out My Recipes in The Cooking Light Double Holiday Issue

Are you ready for the holidays? Yes, I know it's only October 25th, but Thanksgiving is in 31 days. OK, now that I've got you in a good panic, let me help.

The double holiday issue of Cooking Light magazine is on stands, and you need to get a copy. Why? Because it contains 332 healthy recipes and tips to make your Thanksgiving dinner a healthy, smashing success.


Plus, I've got several recipes in this issue. See the string beans and mashed sweet potatoes on the cover? Those are my recipes!

This hefty issue gives you with everything you need for your holiday dinner: Scores of delicious appetizers, drinks, entrees, sides, and desserts. If you're wondering which recipes are mine, here they are. (Please note that all photos are courtesy of Cooking Light.)

                                                 Pomegranate Gin Sling

                                             Winter Jeweled Fruit Salad

                                     Spiced Persimmon and Pecan Muffins

                               Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Shallots

                                        Citrus Green Beans with Pine Nuts

                                                  Pumpkin Pie Pudding

Kristen of the beautiful blog Dine & Dish already made this pumpkin pie pudding and said, "These little beauties do not disappoint." And readers on the Cooking Light website rating it as "outstanding."

So whether you need some Thanksgiving side dish inspiration, a new way to cook the bird, or just want a pretty magazine to flip through, you'll find everything you need in the Cooking Light double holiday issue.

Caveat to my Rhode Island readers: Get your copy soon. If you don't, my dad may end up buying all of them.

32 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats! I love Cooking Light - just rocked it out with some of their recipes this weekend -- my first attempt at bread baking.

I think I found my Turkey Day dessert - the pumpkin pie pudding looks amazing!!!

bellini valli said...

I haven't seen the issue on the stnads yet but when I do I will be sure to pick up a copy!!

Kathy - Panini Happy said...

Hooray, Susan! You've been SO hard at work this year, it's so incredible to see all the results. Congrats!

The Teacher Cooks said...

Congratulations on making the front cover of Cooking Light! I have looked at your recipes and they look divine. You can bet that I will be trying some of them.

My Carolina Kitchen said...

How fabulous. I haven't received my copy yet, but I had a peek at one on the news stand. I saw the winter jewel salad and it is absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the price of the magazine just for that recipe.
Sam

The Comfort of Cooking said...

Oh my gosh, what an awesome honor! Congratulations! All of your success is well deserved.

Karen said...

That's great, Susan! I'll look for it next time I go to the store :) In the meantime, I'm going to check out the recipe for the pumpkin pie pudding!

Kristen said...

Love it!! I'm so proud of you :)

We Are Not Martha said...

Your recipes made the cover!!! That is SO exciting :) :) Congrats! And I'm grabbing a copy the next time I'm at the drugstore :)

Sues

Simona said...

Congratulations, dear Susan. It's a lovely set of recipes. I am not surprised people are enthusiastic about them. Well done!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Congratulations! I'm running off to the newsstand now -- thanks for the heads up, as I don't want to elbow your dad out of the way!

Abby said...

Congrats! I hope this doesn't sound silly, but I'm proud of you! Beautiful recipes. Can't wait to look for the magazine!

Kalyn said...

Congratulations. I'll definitely look for it!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Congrats Susan! I was eyeing that pudding, how exciting for you!

Christine said...

A big congratulations to you, Susan. You have come a long way and I couldn't be happier for you!
xoxo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations Susan! I will definitely have to buy this issue. Your recipes looks so delicious

GF Gidget said...

Congratulations! Your recipes look delicious!I hope one day I will be doing just what you are!

Danielle said...

How cool is THAT!!! I'll be sure to pick up an issue for sure.

homegrown countrygirl said...

Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Shallots? Sold!!!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I'm on my way to the news stand! Actually I had it in my hand yesterday, but didn't buy because I was afraid I'd miss my plane!

RamblingTart said...

Congratulations, Susan!! That's so fantastic! You do such beautiful work. :-)

Rebecca said...

Congrats! How neat!

Cara said...

Congrats! Can't wait to pick up a copy :)

Hornsfan said...

Congrats, this issue is already in my kitchen being short-listed among my upcoming cooking projects, it's so cool that your recipes are in here!

Jennie said...

So excited, and can't wait to eat up your recipes! xo

Debbie said...

Congrats to you Susan!!! I love Cooking Light magazine and will be sure to pick up this issue!

Joanna said...

Hurray! I love getting Cooking Light in the mail (probably my favorite cooking magazine) & I am so happy that you are a contributor!
Looking forward to making your online & Cooking Light recipes in my kitchen.

Megan said...

I'm excited to know that your recipes are in my Cooking Light issue. I've been eying that pumpkin pie pudding! Congrats!!!

Denise Michaels - Adventurous Foodie said...

Wow! Congratulations!! I just bought this copy of "Cooking Light" yesterday at Borders and was looking through it this morning for a little holiday inspiration. How cool is THAT? *smile*

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Thank you all for your lovely words! And thanks to all of you who emailed me and mentioned the article on FB and Twitter. You warmed my heart.

Holly Keegan said...

Hooray for you, Susan, and your fantastic recipes in the mag. The cover? You must have been beyond delighted. Well done.

Mrs. Scars said...

HOW FUN! What an awesome accomplishment to have your recipes showcased in Cooking Light! Congrats!!!

There was an error in this gadget