Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market in California, Arizona, and Nevada believes that fresh, wholesome food should be "simple and affordable." In addition to their regular year-round products, Fresh & Easy is offering holiday gourmet food gifts, including wines, chocolates, and cookies, which should make your holiday gift-giving a whole lot easier.
I received a package of six products for review and was quite pleased. Here are my thoughts:
1. Ogio Prosecco Non-Vintage, $8.99. This prosecco was refreshing, crisp, and bubbly. It makes a festive holiday bellini when paired with blood orange, cranberry, or pomegranate juice.
2. The Vine Yard Cabernet Franc 2007, $7.99. For the money, this is a nice wine with hints of cherry and spice and a smooth finish.
3. Sweet Boutique Gourmet Swiss Chocolate Assortment, $7.99. The assortment contains a mix of attractive dark, milk, and white chocolates with nuts and liquors. Some are rich and delicious, while others are a bit too sweet. It makes a nice hostess gift, especially when paired with a bottle of the prosecco.
4. Sweet Boutique Gourmet Belgian Biscuit Collection, $7.99. This makes a great gift for anyone who enjoys biscuits, especially if you pair it with some tea or coffee. The cookies are deliciously buttery and crisp and the chocolate is sweet and smooth. Plus the pretty embossed gold tin is reusable.
5. ChocChoc Mint Thins, $1.99. These makes terrific stocking stuffers. Dark chocolate contrasts perfectly with tangy mint for a chilly winter-time treat.
6. Fresh & Easy Cranberry & Nut Popcorn Clusters, $4.99. Quite simply, this popcorn is addictive. Big, sticky clusters of popcorn, cranberries and nuts are held together by a sinfully sweet syrup of brown sugar and maple. I would buy several of these for gifts and for yourself.
Now, it's time for the give-away!
One lucky Food Blogga reader will receive a gift from Fresh & Easy containing a bottle of wine in a reusable tote bag, a box of chocolates, and coupons for future purchases. To win, simply leave a comment indicating which of the holiday treats listed above you'd most love to try. Deadline is Monday, December 14th at midnight, PST. Please note that the winner will need to provide his or her full name and mailing address. Good luck!