Got leftover Halloween candy? Make cookies.
If you think Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are good straight out of the wrapper, then wait until you taste them baked into these big, bumpy, nutty, chocolate chunk cookies.
Here's what you need to do:
- Print this recipe.
- Ransack your kids' Halloween bags for 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
- If you don't have kids, then go the supermarket and buy a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It's not as much fun as #2 but at least you might catch them on sale.
- Bake the cookies, turning on the oven light to watch them swell.
- Eat a still warm, melty cookie and wash it down with a glass of cold milk while you reminisce about Halloweens past.
- Sigh in satisfaction. There are still 23 cookies left to eat.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
Print recipe only here.
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
6 snack size Reese's candies (chilled then diced)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars, then beat in the eggs until smooth. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; add to the large bowl, and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks, Reese's candy, and peanuts.
Drop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough 2 inches apart (as they will spread) on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes, or until firm and golden brown around the edges. Transfer to a rack and cool for 15 minutes.
To store cookies, layer between pieces of waxed paper to prevent sticking and place in an air-tight container.
You might also like:
My latest NPR article entitled "Grown-Up Tricks For Treats," which features four delectable desserts featuring Halloween candy:
- Heath Bar Truffles
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Snickers Bar Bread Pudding
- Mounds of Joy Custards with Mounds Chocolate Sauce
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cranberries, Raisins, and Pecans
Everything Cookies at Sunday Nite Dinner
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies at Passionate About Baking
Alanna's Blogher piece, "Baking with Leftover Halloween Candy"
Save This Page on Del.icio.us