Memes have been flying everywhere lately, and I've recently been hit by two of them.
The lovely Shn of Mishmash would like me to share 7 random things about myself:
1. I’ve never eaten a Twinkie or a Devil Dog. Can I still call myself American?
2. I’ve been a vegetarian for almost 20 years. Not because of political or religious reasons. Because of bad chicken.
3. My first job was working at a sandwich shop. My manager almost fired for making the sandwiches “too big.” He obviously was not Italian.
4. I have an abnormal fear of the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz. To this day, I cannot watch it because of her. Seriously.
5. I love the NFL. I’m still not sure what a“corner” does, but I do know that Tom Brady of the Patriots is one fine quarterback.
6. Fathers do know best. My father first met my husband, Jeff, when Jeff and I were in the 9th grade together. My dad wanted me to go to my freshman semi-formal dance with Jeff, which I thought was weird. (I mean, who would go with a boy that their Dad hooked them up with?) Jeff and I just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. OK, Dad, you were right.
7. Jeff and I have moved seven times in 12 years. We’re in San Diego now. What’s not to love about it? It was ranked #2 best weather in the world after The Canary Islands. Not too shabby. Plus, I don’t think The Canary Islands have an NFL team.
The delightful Kate of Kate in the Kitchen has tagged me for another meme.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was in graduate school at Brown University.
Five snacks you enjoy:
Frozen bananas with peanut butter
Popcorn with Splenda and cinnamon
Hummus and carrots
Granny Smith apples and roasted almonds
Five songs you know all the lyrics to:
None. I’m hopeless.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Spend a week in the Canary Islands, just to see what number 1 is like.
Buy a set of Wusthof knives.
Buy a winery for my Dad. It might even convince him to retire.
Invent a computer that would never crash, or lose my files, or be mean to me.
Design high heels that don’t hurt. Plus, I’d make many more millions that way.
Five bad habits:
Snapping my gum. Yup, I’m one of those annoying gum snappers.
Taking waaay too many pictures to end up with just a couple for my posts.
Changing my -er's to -a's and my -a's to -er's at the end of words, like food blogga, get the idear?
Feeling weird about imposing on people by tagging them for memes (which I’m trying to overcome today).
Sometimes rooting for both teams in football. I just like a good game.
Five things you like doing:
Working out with my husband. One of these days I’m going to bench press as much as he does. OK, I’ll never bench press as much as he does, but a girl’s gotta have goals.
Going home to Rhode Island in the fall. The foliage, the weather, the apple-picking -- it doesn't get better than that.
Eating the crust off of pizza (including Jeff's pieces). Everybody knows that’s the best part. This might actually be a bad habit, depending on who you ask.
Going to the San Diego Zoo; it’s amazing.
Reading The New Yorker
Five things you would never wear again:
Shoulder pads - I just do more lateral raises....
A pink sweat suit that said LEE in big letters across the front of the sweatshirt. In 7th grade I wore it one time and was told, "you look like you fell into a pool of Pepto-Bismal." I never wore it again.
A t-shirt that said, “You Toucha This Shirt, I Breaka You Face.” Yes, I had one, as did every other Italian adolescent in RI in the ‘80s. (Wait, I’m mistaken; Jeff just said that he didn’t have one.)
Leopard print anything. Only Adrianna from The Soprano's could pull it off.
Five favorite toys:
Atari (I was the undisputed Pac-Man champion until an untimely left thumb injury ended my career)
Jigsaw puzzles, the bigger the better
Lite-Brite (I thought I was Andy Warhol)
Slinky - kept me occupied for hours
I’m always hesitant about tagging others, but if you’ve got the time and interest, then feel free to play along. Since I’m supposed to tag five people for each, here are 10. You can select one or both memes to which you’d like to respond, then tag five more bloggers. I tag the following people:
Jeanne of Cook Sister!
Abby of Confabulation in the Kitchen
T. W. of Culinary Types
Karen of Family Style Food
Tanna of My Kitchen in Half Cups
Nicole of Pinch My Salt
Deborah of Play With Food
Valentina from Sweet Temptations
Bazu of Where’s the Revolution?
Meeta of What’s for Lunch Honey?
Oh, and coming soon to a Food Blogga near you... Lobsta!
Guess how many pounds!