July is a berry-licious month. From the humble strawberry to the playful olallieberry, there is a berry out there for everyone.
Yup, if you look around this month, you'll find blueberries, blackberries, boysenberries, red and black currants, gooseberries, juneberries, loganberries, marionberries, mulberries, olallieberries, raspberries, strawberries, and tayberries.
So here's what you have to do: Make a dessert featuring berries, and send it to me by Sunday, August 3rd. Because of a scheduling snafu, Jennifer, the creator of the SHF, asked me to be the emergency hostess this month. Since we're already in mid-July, I've extended the deadline to Sunday, August 3rd, to give you a little more time to submit.
The ideas are virtually endless:
- You could cool off with some berry refreshing pudding, parfait, mousse, ice cream, or sorbet.
- You could get all warm and fuzzy with some homemade berry cupcakes, muffins, cakes, scones, or cookie bars.
- You could show your saucy side with tarts, pies, pavlovas, meringues, pastries, and sauces.
- You can get all nostalgic with old-fashioned cobblers, crisps, and crumbles.
- You can also go simple yet chic with desserts like galettes and crostatas, berries in wine, berries and cream, or berries with balsamic reduction.
If you’d like to participate, then kindly follow these steps:
- Post a dessert recipe featuring berries on your blog any time between today, July 13th and Sunday, August 3rd. (Please no back dating or late entries.)
- Please include a link to this announcement and to Jennifer at the Domestic Goddess, the creator of SHF.
- Please attach a resized 200 pixel image with your blog name as your picture file name.
- Email the following information to foodblogga [at] yahoo [dot] com, and mention SHF Berries in the subject line.
- Your preferred name
- Blog name
- Post URL
- Recipe name
I will let you know when I receive your entry, so if you don't hear from me in more than a couple of days, feel free to drop me a line.
I have resized two different logos for you. Including a logo is optional but always appreciated.
Here are some berry recipes I've posted, and I've got a few more in the works:
Fresh Blackberry, Oatmeal, and Cashew Cake
Mini Custards with Limoncello-Spiked Raspberry Sauce
Strawberry-Rhubarb Sponge Pudding
Ginger-y Cranberry Walnut Scones (Heart Healthy & Low Fat!)
Save This Page on Del.icio.us